We strive to provide a safe, secure, and fun marketplace for buyers and sellers. If a transaction goes sour, someone is attempting to deceive others, or if you notice any Prohibited Items or Prohibited Conduct, just send us a message via the platform Help Center and we’d be happy to help.
- Don’t share your personal contact information, such as phone number or email address with anyone. We can’t help with interactions outside of the Listinge platform.
- Communicate with your buyer or seller through our in platform messaging feature, to ensure there is a record of it.
- Use a credit card instead of a debit card for online purchases. Credit cards often have better security features and purchase protection, and your credit provider is more likely to offer reimbursements for fraudulent purchases.
- Come up with a great password and change it frequently. Passwords that are non-dictionary phrases and include numbers and special characters are the strongest. Do not use the same password for more than one account or repeat passwords.
- Never share your Listinge account or password with anyone, including third-party websites. We will never ask you for your password.
- Do not click on emailed links and login to your Listinge account from clicking a link. The most secure way to log into your Listinge account is by going directly to Listinge.com and logging in from there.
- If you allow your children to use your account, closely monitor their purchases and interactions with sellers.
- Before buying online, read the listing and look at the photo(s) carefully. Read the reviews left for the seller. Ask the seller any questions before you make payment.
- Report any questionable or prohibited items through the Report link in the item listing page.
- Do not give out your personal financial (payment) information or contact information to another user for online transactions
- To protect you from becoming a victim of fraud, we recommend transactions be done through the site. We do not protect transactions where payment is transmitted outside our site.
- Avoid transferring money to someone you do not know, for scenarios that seems “too good to be true” or to help resolve an “urgent” situation supposedly involving a friend or loved one. This may involve a request to rate an item you have not yet received.
- Routinely check your financial statements for questionable activity. Contact Listinge immediately if you see any unauthorized charges.
- Thoroughly inspect the item upon delivery. Buyers have 3 days from delivery to request a return. Once the 3 days have passed or the buyer has rated the transaction, all sales are final.
- Test the item prior to rating your seller, especially for expensive items or electronics.
- Some phone carriers are able to check if a phone has been identified as stolen.
- Luxury brands often have trademark information available online to verify authenticity or use Listinge Authenticate if possible.
- If you suspect that you may be a victim of fraud or other criminal activity, please contact us via email at [email protected] or report your suspicions to law enforcement.